Using a Removal Company Should Help Reduce Stress
Anyone who has ever moved house will tell you it’s a stressful experience! Using the services of a professional removal company is a good way of making the process of moving less stressful and risk free. You may find yourself asking what to expect from a removal company, so we have put together a list of things you should expect from them.
- Good communication – Its not uncommon for a good removals company to ask a lot of questions about the job at hand. This is a good sign that they take their work seriously. In trying to gain as much knowledge of the job as possible they are trying to ensure they can complete the job as efficiently as possible. On top of this they should be easy to contact in return and should be happy to answer any questions you may have for them also.
- Large objects – All removal companies should be able to move your household items. It is rare there would be anything in a house too heavy for them. Moving larger items however can be a bit more tricky (whether heavy or bulky). Motorbikes shouldn’t be a problem but cars you cannot drive for example may be more difficult. If you have anything you think may be difficult to move, it is worth checking if they have the equipment to be able to move the item for you.
- Expensive Items – Again, point out to a removal company if anything you own is particularly expensive or fragile. Most removal companies will carry “goods in transit insurance” up a stated amount should anything happen, it is always worth checking they have insurance before instructing them. Some removals companies may also operate a white glove service.
- Reputation – Reputation and recommendations are very important. You want to feel confident that the removal company will do the job to a high standard. Look at reviews before making a decision. If you are looking for a removal company in Blackburn, we recommend Flexi Removals.
- Boxes – Most good removal companies will offer boxes as part of their service. They should have different shapes and sizes for you depending on the items you are moving. Boxes are not cheap but make a huge difference to time saved when moving house.
- Packing service – Some removal companies offer a packing service. They will usually some to your house before the move and pack the items you need to be packed. They should their equipment and it should help ensure any fragile items are packed professionally and not damaged in the move. Most charge for this service.